Vacation Time in the Caribbean

Hey everyone!
My name is Ali and I am the 3rd party manager at
Our World Boutique! 
I love my job, but even the best employee needs a vacation every now and then. ;)

I just got back from the best vacation I've ever taken! My husband and I went on a Caribbean Cruise. We went with a group of friends, minus the kids. (I have 4....that deserves a break...right?)
So with a total of 10 of us, we set off on our adventure!


We flew into Puerto Rico and stayed a couple nights before we set sail. 
We stayed a night with an awesome lady that one of our friends knew.


She lived at the very tippy top of a mountain in the jungle. It was so scary driving up to her house, but once we were there it was gorgeous. 


Stopped for a picture half way up the mountain. (Hello...that's me with no makeup....yikes!)



This is her "neighborhood". We went on a little walk before dinner. 

This.....is dinner! Delicious! She fixed us an authentic Puerto Rican meal and it was
soooooo good!





After that we took off to St. Thomas where we took a ferry over to St. John and played on the most beautiful beach ever! It was soft white sand and warm turquoise water!
(Crossover Hooded Tunic and Crochet Shorts^^^^)




Don't mind that my hubby looks like a goober. ;)


The best friends a girl could ask for!







Our next stop was Barbados and there we reserved a catamaran and went snorkeling with sea turtles and saw a few shipwrecks. It was AWESOME!


Don't mind that I look like a goober! ;)

Shipwreck

Sea turtles





After that we went to St. Lucia. This place has the craziest roads! I got sick on our taxi ride up to where we went zip lining. That was a blast! I think that the guides were what made it as fun as it was. I was pretty nervous about it since I'm not a big fan of heights, but I got over that quick. 

Ready to zip through the rain forest.

(Crochet Shorts ^^^^^)


Our guides were awesome!




After St. Lucia we were off to St Kitts. We didn't know what to do really on St. Kitts so we asked our waiter what he thought and he told us about a beach called Shell (or cockleshell) beach. It was pretty awesome....pina coladas and natural aloe massages on the beach. Seriously....does it get any better than that? Nope!

This was a very intense game of volleyball.



There was a guy walking around with this monkey. He would let it climb on you and we took a bunch of pictures of it and then he said we owed him $10. I'm thinking he probably should have lead with that. :/ Still cool pictures though....even if I did have to unwillingly pay $10 for them.
(Crochet Shorts ^^^^)



After St. Kitts set sail to our last stop at St. Maarten. I'm not gonna lie...after all the beaches and swimming and spending the day in wet swimsuits I was over it so I decided to stay dry on this day and I'm not sad I did. It was a beautiful beach, but the waves were rather large this day, and not being a strong swimmer this turned out to be a good day for me to stay in a lounge chair and sun bathe.





I have to say that the clothes that I decided to take from our boutique were the perfect clothes to wear on a cruise. I got nothing but compliments on the Crochet Shorts (I took two pair, black and teal) and the Crossover Hooded Tunic that I wore as a swim cover. I also got lots of compliments on my Chevron Fringe Necklace and Aubrey Dress  that I wore to dinner on one of our elegant dinner nights.

 (Aubrey Dress, Chevron Fringe Necklace^^^^^)

Man am I glad I had Our World Boutique to cover all my awesome 
clothing/accessory needs for my cruise!  

No comments:

Post a Comment